The Mongolia and Russian Altai 2020 is a tour of contrasts. Steppes and mountains, deserts and lush valleys, nomad livestock herders and huge arable croplands, modern cities and ancient settlements, dirt roads and new tarmac, ger camps and 4* hotels. We take you on a journey from the capital of Siberia, Novosibirsk to the modern city of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Expect the unexpected.
Novosibirsk is a modern city and home of our Russian tour partners. With one of the most beautiful railway stations on the Trans-Siberian Rail and shops to rival Paris, the contrasts continue. The Russian Altai reminds many of our New Zealand explorers of Queenstown but less crowded. The scenery is every bit as spectacular just over a much larger area with fewer people. After the lush valleys of the Altai with their wildflowers and butterflies and spectacular mountains, the vast steppe lands of Mongolia can be a complete surprise. We will see the explosive geology of an extinct volcano, serenely beautiful lakes, vast expanses of arable land under cultivation and so much more.
If you love your overland tour as much as some of our past tour participants, you will be back. And not just for the Chinggis vodka, some of the best in the world.
Please note that the price is per person in United States dollars.
Map of the main stops during the tour
Start date and origin: 3 August 2020, Novosibirsk, Russia
Finish date and destination: 23 August 2020, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Duration: 21 days
Join us on this amazing journey from Novosibirsk to Ulaabaatar. Email us to start a booking process. Check out our blogs and gallery for inspiration. Read what our guests have had to say about their journeys.
- Services of a tour leader
- Using one of our vehicles
- Vehicle insurance
- Daily accommodation with breakfast
- Lunches and evening meals in as stated on the final itinerary
- Tours and excursions as per final itinerary
- All necessary visas
- International flights (we can assist if required)
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory)
- Evening meals and lunches other than those mentioned as included in the itinerary
- Personal spending such as drinks, souvenirs and etc.
- Gratuities and tips to tour guides, porters and hotel staff
- Fuel, road tolls and traffic fines