Silk Road Tour 2021
The Overland Journeys Silk Road Tour 2021 – Vladivostok, Russian Far East to Krakow, Poland with continuation to London, UK is being planned. This is our classic, Mother of the tours journey. Once we finish in Krakow you have an option either to continue navigating Europe on your own or add extra days and finish in London with us (extra fees for hotels apply). Krakow is a good point as it opens ways to Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Europe.
You can use one of our Toyota Land Cruisers or your own vehicle. You don’t need to worry about shipping the car, we have reliable partners with whom we have been working for many years and we will organize shipping both ways. Vladivostok will quickly change any pre-conceptions about Russia that you may have had, such as it’s a cold frozen, it’s a grey and uninteresting country, it’s dangerous and its people are gruff and grumpy and unfriendly. On arrival it takes just a few hours to realise that none of the above apply to Russia.
The Tour will be a combination of amazing sights, interesting history and the cultural delights of Russia, Mongolia and several Stan countries.
Our experienced Tour Leader will lead the group and assist with any eventuality so that you are not left alone. Each vehicle will be provided with a radio telephone and tour manual including maps and general information.
The expedition route will be similar to past expeditions with some variations. There will be the usual self-drive 4×4 options and passenger in vehicle options. Please note that the price is per couple in New Zealand dollars.
Map of the main stops during the Silk Road Trip
Start date and origin: 2 May 2021, Vladivostok, Russia
Finish date and destination: 21 July 2021, Krakow, Poland with continuation to London, United Kingdom (extra 6 days)
Duration: 81 days
Email us to start a booking process. Check out the Silk Road 2017 Tour blogs and gallery for inspiration. Read what our guests have had to say about their Silk Road journeys.
- Services of a tour leader
- Shipping of participants vehicles Auckland (other port, even overseas) – Vladivostok and London- Auckland (other port) (based on 2 cars in 1 container, extra charges may apply for shipping of a single vehicle)
- Marine insurance for vehicles from the time they are loaded into Auckland (other port) & London
- 3rd Party vehicle Insurances for Countries as mentioned in agreement
- Daily Accommodation with breakfast
- Lunches and evening meals as stated on the final itinerary
- Tours and excursions as per final itinerary
- Supply of 2-way hand-held radios for each vehicle
- Personal Travel and Insurances (compulsory)
- Comprehensive vehicle insurance (optional)
- Evening Meals and lunches other than those mentioned as included in the itinerary
- Personal spending such as drinks, souvenirs and sightseeing excursions
- Gratuities and tips to tour guides, porters and hotel staff
- Fuel, road tolls, traffic fines and associated vehicle repairs and running costs during the journey
- Vehicle recovery costs and accommodation costs associated with a vehicle breakdown or similar situation
- Hotels for 6 extra days to London after finishing in Krakow
- Air Flights to Vladivostok and return from London